||4 weeks ago|
|_locales||1 month ago|
|audit||1 month ago|
|core||4 weeks ago|
|icons||10 months ago|
|modules||4 weeks ago|
|pages||4 weeks ago|
|resources||4 weeks ago|
|screenshots||10 months ago|
|.csslintrc||1 year ago|
|.eslintignore||1 year ago|
|.eslintrc||6 months ago|
|.gitignore||1 year ago|
|.stylelintrc||1 year ago|
|CDN.txt||5 months ago|
|CONTRIBUTING.md||1 year ago|
|ISSUE_TEMPLATE.md||1 year ago|
|LICENSE.txt||2 years ago|
|PULL_REQUEST_TEMPLATE.md||1 year ago|
|README.md||7 months ago|
|THIRD_PARTY.txt||4 weeks ago|
|manifest.json||1 month ago|
LocalCDN is a fork of Decentraleyes and a web browser extension that emulates Content Delivery Networks to improve your online privacy. It intercepts traffic, finds supported resources locally, and injects them into the environment. All of this happens automatically, so no prior configuration is required. Feel free to use the following testing utility to find out if you are properly protected. For more information, please read the tutorial or the Wiki. You can also download the extension directly from Mozilla and just try it.
What are the advantages?
- Supports cloud storage by browsers sync feature (Firefox Sync or own Sync-Server) if enabled
- Removes integrity and crossorigin tags from embedded script and style elements to replace even more frameworks
- Font Awesome
- Google Material Icons
- jQuery up to 3.5.1
- Bootstrap CSS
- AngularJS, AngularJS-Animate, AngularJS-Sanitize, AngularJS-Cookies and AngularJS-Touch
- React, Vue.js, Chart.js and many other frameworks/libraries
- MathJax (minimal)
- Internal statistics about CDNs and frameworks (day, week, month, year)
- Export/Import your config (day, week, month, year)
- Prepared rules for uBlock Origin, uMatrix, AdGuard and NoScript
Note: LocalCDN is no silver bullet, but it does prevent a lot of websites from making you send these kinds of requests. Ultimately, you can make LocalCDN block requests for any missing CDN resources, too.
How does it work?
An adblocker (e.g. uBlock Origin, uMatrix or AdGuard) decides which requests are allowed. Only if your adblocker allows a request, it will be intercepted by LocalCDN. LocalCDN catches the request after an adblocker and not before.
What's the different of LocalCDN in comparison to other CDN emulators?
LocalCDN with activated HTML filter (optional)
Other CDN emulators
We need you!
The whole Internet is full of different frameworks and CDNs that negatively affect your privacy. If you find a website that embeds another unsupported version of a framework, please report that website.
⚠️ Important ⚠️
On behalf of everyone: Thank you!
Rule generator for uBlock Origin, uMatrix and AdGuard (after an update)
Suggestions in the form of Issues, and contributions in the form of Merge Requests, are highly welcome.
- Mozilla Firefox (86 or higher): get it on addons.mozilla.org
- Firefox for Android: It's possible. Please read here.
- Chromium based browser: Chrome Web Store (by Emanuel Bennici) ⚠️ Please note this Wiki article FAQ: Chromium incompatibilities ⚠️
Running the Code as temporary extension
Please read this guide to run the extension from source.
Important: All tagged commits are signed with GPG. It's likely best to ignore unsigned commits, unless you really know what you're doing. Please send an email if you have any questions or security concerns.
Just open an issue with your question or write an email (PGP possible!).
The language you want is not completely translated or you are a language talent? Please help us by translating this add-on on Weblate.
LocalCDN is free and open-source. If you like LocalCDN you can support continued development by making a donation. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
DE22 5003 1000 1069 4660 16(BIC:
- Color Picker (Taufik Nurrohman, https://github.com/taufik-nurrohman/color-picker, MIT License)